HYPE Urban Bikes
We have always been passionate about the potential biking has to make life better for people. We work with hundreds of people and many diverse communities who share our passion and want to create a cycling culture.
Within Merseyside, we are part of a growing social movement. Our Bike expansion plans encapsulate a desire to be the facilitators of services, which enhance the lives of cyclists and would-be cyclists across the Liverpool City Region.
HUB will be making cycling cheaper, safer, more accessible, and a natural choice for as many people as possible.
To provide positive opportunities for socially excluded people to improve their skills and achieve their employment goals:
- To promote volunteering across our HUB’s
- To provide training & education for cyclists & mechanics
- To promote cycling using pump tracks, conservation, heritage and art
- To enhance our regions cycle routes
- To reuse bicycles and divert bicycle ‘waste’ from the waste stream in Merseyside
BENEFITS OF THE BIKE HUB
- Cycle maintenance clinics
- Bike Safety for young people and adults
- Confidence in cycling on the road
- Awareness of cycle routes and traffic free routes
The Bike Hub aims to promote both social and recreational riding to the community. We aim to be inclusive of everyone from beginner to expert and for those who may cycle to the shop or school and those who want to be challenged.
Our engaging bike trips across North Wales bring together many young people from different communities, all have the same passion on the day for biking and work together to get the most from their trips. When asked 80% of the young people said bike leader or bike mechanic were jobs they would want to be when they were older.
All your biking needs in one place
Buy, hire, learn to ride, repair and maintain your favourite mode of transport.
HYPE’s Urban Bike Shop has a range of bikes for experienced and inexperienced cyclists for very affordable prices.
Why get a bike from HYPE?
- We are happy to receive donations to reduce price on our ‘for sale’ bikes
- We can assemble new bikes for £20
- We are the cheapest around
- We are simply getting more people riding
- We are a social enterprise and reinvest our profit in youth projects
Copyright 2024 Hype Merseyside | Site design by Ident Creative Ltd